Our Core Beliefs
Our core beliefs at Faith & Action are built upon a timeless witness to Jesus Christ as the Way, the Truth and the Life (John 14:6); attested to in Holy Scripture and lived out through His people. We are a Christian missionary outreach to elected and appointed officials in Washington, DC, throughout our country, and around the world. Our message begins with the two Great Commandments: To Love God and Love Your Neighbor. (Mark 12: 29 – 31)
While Faith and Action may comment on a particular public policy initiative, legislative proposal, or nomination, we do not regularly engage in lobbying and we never endorse candidates for public office. Faith and Action is also non-partisan and treats all people equally, regardless of their political affiliations. We are a non-profit, religious / charitable corporation with an exclusively religious mission. Our programs place a strong emphasis on the public acknowledgement of God, the importance of prayer, evangelization, pastoral care, Christian instruction,and respect for the sanctity and dignity of life, marriage and the family, and religious freedom.
- Evangel University Interns 2014 | Photo Album March 8, 2014This past week, we had the pleasure of hosting some interns from Evangel University. Each one was a tremendous help, and livened up our week in their own way. Here’s a photo-look at the many experiences these interns had in Washington DC. Know someone who might be interested in an internship at Faith and Faith & Action? […]The post Evangel University Int […]
- A Smooth Jazz Afternoon at Faith and Action March 8, 2014This past week, we had the pleasure of hosting some interns from Evangel University. Each one was a tremendous help, and livened up our week in their own way, but it was an easy favorite of the week when Ryan Odle took his lunch break to make our piano come alive, while reflecting on his […]The post A Smooth Jazz Afternoon at Faith and Action appeared first […]
- Closing out the week with Evangel University Interns March 7, 2014We had a great week with our interns from the Washington Studies Program at Evangel University, here’s a quick recap of the highlights with Rev. Rob Schenck, two of our interns, Ryan and Elliot, and Prof. Sanders from Evangel.The post Closing out the week with Evangel University Interns appeared first on Faith and Action in the Nation's Capital.
- A-day-in-the-life of and Thank You Note from Interns Ryan & Elliot March 7, 2014You might not know it, but you helped make a really special week happen for these two guys this week. By praying for and supporting Faith and Action in so many ways, many, many people came together to form the foundation that allowed us to give these interns a great educational experience in D.C. with […]The post A-day-in-the-life of and Thank You Note from […]
- Ash Wednesday on Capitol Hill- Remembering that We’re Not God! March 5, 2014The Faith and Action team attended one of many Ash Wednesday services held in the U.S. Capitol today, and really enjoyed the service led by U.S. House Chaplain Patrick Conroy, including well-chosen Biblical passages, and a great message about perspective on our relationship to God (He’s God, we’re not – something that could use repeating […]The post Ash Wedn […]