“My son, give me your heart, and let your eyes observe my ways.”
This past week, Christian students descended on Capitol Hill and our headquarters at Faith & Action to help share the Gospel and experience the inner workings of Washington, D.C. up close.
I have always enjoyed pulling this intern program together. Young people are reservoirs of energy, enthusiasm, compassion, and faith for the impossible. That’s why I love having them around Faith & Action!
But just as importantly, these young people are the next generation of missionaries to Capitol Hill, and might I add, the next generation of carrying on the ministry of Faith & Action when we are all old and gray!
This past week I made sure that each intern had a balanced experience between prayer, hard work, and exposure to the highest levels of our direct ministry to top government officials.
For example, this year’s interns, from Faith Christian Academy, had a full agenda, including:
- Helping put our Easter outreach together for congressional members
- Meeting with the Chief of Staff and top Legislative staff for Senator Marco Rubio
- Attending prime Capitol Hill meetings with congressional members
- Meeting with national Christian leaders based in Washington, D.C.
- Helping get our special Inauguration Gospel booklets out to Capitol Hill and to supporters
- Attending Church Services in the U.S. Capitol (a program that our ministry outreach team helped start!)
- Participating in our newest program, “Meet Me at the Ten Commandments,” along with other Christians leaders.
- Meeting and praying with Faith & Action’s dear friend, Senate Chaplain Barry Black, and listening to his powerful words of wisdom regarding starting our day by seeking God’s wisdom
- Touring the Supreme Court (a special tour just for our interns) which included meeting with one of the special police guards who oversees security, and standing on the front plaza where Faith & Action has prayer each National Day of Prayer.
- Receiving one of the final Hard Hat tours of the “behind the scenes in the building of the Museum of the Bible,” which is scheduled to open in November 2017. Faith & Action is an ambassador in connecting folks to this awesome experience.
It was a tremendous week for both our interns and for our staff! Your financial support makes this happen!
By the time our interns left Washington, it was our prayer that they would have a vision for their own lives and ministries and that they would be praying about how the Lord may someday use them here. Perhaps, He will even call them to our nation’s capital for permanent ministry to those who work in the government.
One thing Faith & Action tries to impart to these amazing up-and-coming leaders is that the answers to the problems and challenges that face our country can’t all be met with political or policy solutions. There are better answers, and they come from God’s Word.
Your monthly gift keeps our internship program humming year-in and year-out. In fact, your gift of $50, $75, $100 or more per month helps keep all of our outreach programs thriving. And, if you are unable to donate on a monthly basis, please know that your special one-time gift will also be a big boost to our Faith & Action ministry.
You can make your tax-deductible gift online HERE, or call in your gift (202-546-8329), or mail it the old-fashioned way to Faith and Action, 109 2nd St, NE, Washington, D.C. 20002.
Thank you for supporting our Intern Training Program! It’s one of the most important things we do in a year: impart a vision for ministry to the hearts and minds of the next generation!
Working together with you in our Nation’s Capital,
Mrs. Peggy Nienaber
Vice President of Operations